iOS 10 is full of new options and cool stuff. (Stuff is a technical description.)
Messages, in particular, has new options and I’m including two of them today. The first lets you substitute an image for a word. The second lets you include a live action background.
Replace Text With a Special Emoji
You can now automatically replace text with an emoji.
- Type your message — Happy Birthday Jack. Hope it is a great day.
- Tap the emoji button at the bottom of the screen.
- Words with available matching images will turn gold.
- Hold down a word and you will be given a choice of images. Choose one and it will replace the word. If there is only one option, it will automatically replace the word.
Add a Special Background or Bubble to your message.
If you want to send your message with more impact, the animated bubble option or one of the five effect options will be fun to use.
- Write your message and before hitting the blue arrow to send it, tap and hold that arrow button down.
- Click on Bubble and you will be presented with four different options: Slam, Loud, Gentle, and Invisible.
- Click on Effects and choose from five live action backgrounds.
I’ll add more iOS 10 tips as soon as I can.