This is a simple tip, but it can be fun to do. It also is a good method for people to use who have a cause to support or a product to promote. It involves adding a specific message along with your signature on your emails that you only have to create once, but can choose to use over and over.
On your Mac
- Open the Mail app. (If you use a different Mail application you’ll have to experiment to see if the same concept is allowed. I expect it is.)
- From the Mail tab choose Preferences.
- From the Preferences choose Signatures.
- In the left column you will see all of your email accounts. In the middle column you name your signature for easy reference. In the right column, you create your signature.
- Click to select the account you want to assign to a specific signature.
- Click the +button beneath the middle column.
- When a new field opens, name your new signature.
- Now you just create your text or text and image. If you want a specific font, select the Format tab from the main menu and choose Show Fonts. Highlight your words and select a specific font and size. You can use more than one font and/or size in a signature.
- To add an image, just drag and drop. Adjust the size before adding to signature box.
- To assign a specific message to a specific email account grab the name of the signature from the middle column and drag it over the email account name.
- To add a web address, enter the address.
- If you want several versions of a signature, say different ways of promoting your cause, create them all giving them the same name and then consider the options at the bottom of the window – Choose Signature. You will have the option of having the signatures appear in random or sequential order.
- When you are ready to send your message and want to add a specific signature, select Signature from the From field.
On Your iPhone or iPad
You can only have one signature option on iPhone or iPad and it will automatically be added to all your email messages.
- Choose Settings
- Choose Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Choose Signature.
- Create your Signature
Here is a tip: You can take a signature, complete with image, that you have created on your Mac and use it on your iOS device as well.
- Send yourself an email that contains the signature you want to use.
- Click on the signature, Select all, and Copy.
- Select Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Signature
- If you already have a signature saved, delete it.
- Then double tap to get the save options and select paste. It will remain in place until you decide to change it.